- GW Home
- About GW
- University Life
- News & Events
- Faculty And Staff
Alumni Trustee and Recent Alumni Trustee Nominations
At the request of the university Board of Trustees, the GW Alumni Association (GWAA) makes recommendations for alumni to fill vacancies among the five Alumni Trustees and two Recent Alumni Trustees who serve on the Board of Trustees.
The GWAA Nominations & Governance Committee is currently seeking applications for one Alumni Trustee position and one Recent Alumni Trustee, both for a term beginning July 1, 2016.
Service on the GW Board of Trustees is the most demanding and prestigious volunteer opportunity available to alumni and is reserved for those who can demonstrate the highest level of commitment to the university. The GWAA is looking for candidates that:
- Have demonstrated commitment to the university and its alumni by active involvement in alumni organizations, programs and activities
- Have demonstrated commitment to the university through appropriate philanthropic support
- Have distinguished themselves through volunteer and/or professional activities
The university bylaws also outline several restrictions for eligibility to serve as a trustee:
- Persons shall be qualified to serve as trustees without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, place of residence, or membership in any class of category protected by applicable law
- No person who is serving as an officer, faculty member, or employee of the university, or who is enrolled as a student of the university, shall be eligible to serve as a trustee
- No person shall be eligible for election as a trustee who shall have attained the age of seventy-five (75) years or who shall attain such age on or before June 30, 2016
Application & Interview Process
Alumni interested in serving on the GW Board of Trustees should submit a written application using the form provided in the application packet starting on July 31, 2015. Please note the requirements for supporting materials and submission instructions are outlined in the application packet. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. All applications must be received by September 20, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. PST.
The GWAA Nominations & Governance Committee will carefully review all applications and select several candidates for a brief interview with the Committee. Applicants who have been invited to an interview will be contacted during the week of September 28, 2015. Interviews with the GWAA Nominations & Governance Committee will take place the week of October 12, 2015. Selected candidates will then interview with the GW Board of Trustee’s Nominations Committee in December of 2015.
The GWAA Nominations & Governance Committee will host two informational calls to answer questions related to the application process and/or service on the Board of Trustees. Alumni Trustees and Recent Alumni Trustees currently serving on the Board of Trustees will be invited to join the calls and answer questions.
Tuesday, August 18, 2015 | 12:00 - 1:00 pm EDT
Wednesday, August 19, 2015 | 6:30 - 7:30 pm EDT
Dial-In Number Domestic: 1-866-738-6122
Dial-In Number International: 1-678-293-0547
Conference Code: 3229563595