- GW Home
- About GW
- University Life
- News & Events
- Faculty And Staff
Alumni Trustee and Recent Alumni Trustee Nominations
Thank you for your interest in the Alumni Trustee and Recent Alumni Trustee Nomination Process
Nominations are now closed
Those who have applied will be contacted by the Nominations and Governance Committee
At the request of the university Board of Trustees, the GW Alumni Association (GWAA) makes recommendations for alumni to fill vacancies among the five Alumni Trustees and two Recent Alumni Trustees who serve on the Board of Trustees. The GWAA makes these recommendations according to a program statement that has been adopted by the GWAA and the Board of Trustees.
The GWAA Nominations and Governance Committee is currently seeking applications for one Alumni Trustee position and one Recent Alumni Trustee, both for a term beginning July 1, 2014.
Service on the GW Board of Trustees is the most demanding and prestigious volunteer opportunity available to alumni and is reserved for those who can demonstrate the highest level of commitment to the university. The GWAA is looking for candidates that:
- Have demonstrated commitment to the university and its alumni by active involvement in alumni organizations, programs and activities
- Have demonstrated commitment to the university through appropriate philanthropic support
- Have distinguished themselves through volunteer and/or professional activities
The university bylaws also outline several restrictions for eligibility to serve as a trustee:
- Persons shall be qualified to serve as trustees without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, place of residence, or membership in any class of category protected by applicable law
- No person who is serving as an officer, faculty member, or employee of the university, or who is enrolled as a student of the university, shall be eligible to serve as a trustee
- No person shall be eligible for election as a trustee who shall have attained the age of seventy-five (75) years or who shall attain such age on or before June 30, 2014
Application & Interview Process
Alumni interested in serving on the GW Board of Trustees should submit a written application using the form provided in the application packet. Please note the requirements for supporting materials and submission instructions outlined in the application packet. All applications must be received by October 9, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. PST.
The GW Alumni Association Nominations and Governance Committee will be carefully reviewing all applications in the coming weeks and selecting several candidates for a brief interview with the Committee. If you are one of these candidates, we will contact you during the week of November 4 to schedule an interview. Interviews will be held between 6 pm and 10 pm ET on November 13 and 14. We encourage you to block these dates on your calendar now, in the event that you are invited to interview with the Committee.
The GWAA Nominations and Governance Committee will host two informational calls to answer questions related to the application process and/or service on the Board of Trustees. Alumni Trustees and Recent Alumni Trustees currently serving on the Board of Trustees will be invited to join the calls and answer questions.
Monday, September 16, 2013 | 12:00 - 1:00 pm EDT
Tuesday, September 17, 2013 | 6:30 - 7:30 pm EDT
Dial-In Number Domestic: 1-866-738-6122
Dial-In Number International: 1-678-293-0547
Conference Code: 3229563595