- GW Home
- About GW
- University Life
- News & Events
- Faculty And Staff
Distinguished Alumni Achievement Award
Eligibility and Nomination Instructions
The Distinguished Alumni Achievement Award is the highest form of recognition given by the University and The George Washington Alumni Association to an alumnus/a on an annual basis. Each recipient has made a lasting impact on society though outstanding professional, voluntary or philanthropic accomplishments.
Nominations for the 2014 Distinguished Alumni Achievement Award will be accepted starting in February 2014.
- Each recipient must have earned a degree (or certificate from an eligible accredited program as determined by the Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs) from The George Washington University or Mount Vernon College and Seminary.
- Each recipient must be in attendance at the designated ceremony in order to receive the award.
- Current members of The George Washington University Board of Trustees are not eligible for nomination.
- Posthumous nominations will not be considered.
- Each recipient must have attained notable achievement or made a lasting contribution in his or her professional, voluntary or philanthropic endeavors.
- When the 2014 nominations period opens, a separate online nomination form must be completed for each nominee.
- In addition to the completed nomination form, you are encouraged to submit supporting materials to strengthen your nomination (e.g. recommendation letters, news articles, and biographical profiles). Please limit the total number of supporting materials submitted to ten pages. The Awards Committee will not conduct independent research on a nominee and the Committee will only consider information when it is part of a submitted nomination. The Awards Committee will also not consider nominations that consist solely of a nominee’s resume.
- The nomination form may be submitted electronically using the submit button located within the PDF, or you may print and mail a hard copy. Request a PDF version of the from from firstname.lastname@example.org. Supporting materials may be emailed to email@example.com or mailed to the address below. Please note the nominee’s name on all supporting materials.
GWAA Awards Committee
c/o Nicole Allio
1918 F Street, NW
Washington, DC 20052