To nominate an individual for the Elizabeth J. Somers Award, please see the details below, complete the form, and submit any supporting information by Monday, December 2, 2019.
- Nominees must be alumnae of the Mount Vernon College and Seminary or be a graduate of the Elizabeth J. Somers’ Women’s Leadership Program (and have earned a degree from the George Washington University).
- Current members of the GW Board of Trustees are not eligible.
- The EJS Award will be presented on Friday, March 27 during the Women’s Leadership Conference (WLC). Honorees must attend the WLC, except in extraordinary circumstances, in order to receive the award.
- Awards will not be given posthumously.
- Each recipient must have attained notable achievement or made a lasting contribution in his or her professional, philanthropic, or voluntary endeavors.
- Each recipient must have engagement with the Women’s Leadership Program or have an active affiliation with Mount Vernon alumnae.