- GW Home
- About GW
- University Life
- News & Events
- Faculty And Staff
Alumni Course Audit Program
The Alumni Course Audit Program gives all GW alumni the benefit of attending a wide selection of GW courses on a not-for-credit basis. The program is available to GW alumni of all ages and local residents 60 years of age and older who live in the neighborhoods surrounding GW's Foggy Bottom and Mount Vernon campuses. The Alumni Course Audit program is a rewarding way to enhance professional skills, increase knowledge and pursue a commitment to lifelong learning.
Five Steps for Auditing a Course
1. Find a course that you would like to audit at http://my.gwu.edu/mod/pws/
2. Make sure the course is not excluded from the program. Excluded courses are listed by department HERE.
Please note: If the course has a lab or equipment fee, you will be billed for that fee by Student Accounts after you register. Lab fees are not processed through the Alumni Relations office.
4. Contact the professor to get his or her signature on your registration form. Per the policy of the Office of the Registrar, a physical signature must be on the form before you can be registered.
5. Submit your registration form and payment information to the Office of Alumni Relations. You may submit your form and payment in person, by hard-copy mail, or by email to:
The George Washington University Alumni House
1918 F Street NW
Washington, DC 20052
We do not accept faxed registration forms.
*** Please note: More detailed information about the program can be found in our
May 13, 2013: We will begin accepting Course Audit registration forms on May 13, 2013. Any registration forms received before that time will be returned for your security.
May 20, 2013: The Registrar’s Office will not begin processing Course Audit registrations until after the first day of classes. There may be a delay in your ability to access Blackboard due to this policy.
June 10, 2013: The deadline for receiving registration forms without a late fee is June 10, 2013. Any forms received in person or postmarked after that date will be subject to a $50.00 late fee.
· $125 per course for GW alumni under the age of 60
· $65 per course for alumni over the age of 60
· $65 per course for residents of Foggy Bottom or Mount Vernon over the age of 60
Lab Fees: Auditors who select a course with a laboratory or equipment fee are responsible for submitting payment to the Student Accounts office separately. Lab fees are listed on the Schedule of Classes. Lab fees may be paid online using the eBill System, or in person at the Cashier's Office (Colonial Central, Marvin Center ground floor).
Questions? Contact Student Accounts at 202-994-4444 or 202-994-7350.
Courses taken through the Alumni Course Audit program are not for grade or credit. You are not required to complete any assignments or take any exams. If you wish to hand in assignments or complete exams, please speak with the course professor. The professor has discretion to determine if he or she has time to read assignments/exams and provide feedback to auditors.
Please direct any additional questions to the Office of Alumni Relations at 202-994-6435 or firstname.lastname@example.org.